When I chose March to focus on my immunity, I didn’t realize it would be smack-dab in the middle of a pandemic! What timing I have! Healthy am I, and happy to report it!
I have been enjoying more exercise this month than the other two combined. I have coined, and realized, this month, how much I am enjoying the “backdrop of my life!” I am happy to report I’ve had little to NO pain in my knees minus intense pain that’s awakened me in the early morning hours. That may be caner, but it’s NOT my meniscus/tendons or ligaments. So, that is progress!!!!
Most of my responses to building my immunity this month have come in the form of supplements, but I have also been eating somewhat purposefully, as well. See below under March for both. I want to say I made a MOST delicious surprise for myself in the form of some kind of smoothie. Because this is becoming a norm for me, healthy drinks, I decided to turn my peanut butter, cottage cheese and honey craving I normally put into a bowl into the form of a smoothie. So, here we go: Almond milk, peanut butter, cottage cheese, a frozen banana & medicinal mushrooms. Halleleuia Chorus, come on!
Oh yea, there might have been some honey too. Scrumptious, and long-lasting in the filling department! Beyond that, I did have one more surprise in the delicious arena this month – Golden Milk – Tumeric, ginger, honey, almond milk and cinnamon. That was deliciously surprising given I’m not normally a fan of tumeric. And, for those who love their pumpkin spice drinks in the winter, fall months, this may be a good, healthier fill-in.
My main impetus for working on my immune system, remember, was to work toward the restoration of my skin. It is still looking rough though! Not much progress here, but I will press on as with all other areas on which I’ve begun working. I resorted to brillo-pads, but only after the less soft steel pads seemed to scrape off my skin – they were rough! You can see on my legs – they’re scabbed up from the raking over! And still left is this fungus, or whatever these white spots are! IGH!?
Idiopathic Guttate Hypomelanosis – sure, maybe. I am still doing the sun though a little. I still think it may be something else. Anyway, I am trying still. I am persisting in the face of not much progress on the skin front. Hear the attached video for some funny stories about my skin this month! This was totally impromptu one night while confined. Refraining from sharing my confinement revelations about myself while working from home, you get this less depressing me, but the music spoke for my actual frame of mind at the time, as does my initial sigh :).
I am excited about April because I will be cleansing! Yah.
So, stay tuned with the Digestive System! This will hopefully begin to make some improvements to my skin. I’m feeling as all these efforts on my different systems are building on one another, this one is surely to heal. As I start cleaning out, I will have better absorption of nutrients and better systemic health overall!
Make sure you watch my video. You may get a couple of good laughs.
Progress for My Skin and Bone Health
January – Integumentary System – Focus on Skin
- Eating with Purpose: New foods for skin
- Supplementation: A, D, E, copper, amino acid powder
February – Muscular-Skeletal System
- Exercise: Yoga, walking, stretching, squats
- Supplementation: Continuing same supplements from January. Plus:
- Lysine (bones, muscles and collagen production).
- Glucosamine & Chondroitin
- Omega-3 fish pills
- Bonus: Mental health – learning to slow down and enjoy myself
March – Immune System
- Eating with Purpose: Medicinal mushroom mix, pecans, brussel-sprouts, spinach, lemons, ginger, strawberries
- Exercise: Running (Yah!!), biking, walking, stretching. Exercise is wonderful for helping a body maintain it’s health. It’s the game changer! Exercise at least 20 minutes a day. So doable!
- Supplementation: All supplements from Jan and Feb (lysine actually helps viruses too! Herpes that is, but a virus!) plus…
- Garlic pills
- Zinc spray (helps prevent viruses from replicating!)
- Bonus: More exercise = more productivity toward my goals, and joy because of both 🙂
To My Health & Yours! May you and your family all be happy, healthy and safe today and beyond!